Sunday, March 23, 2008

Rusty Bottoms

What is his name? Russell Allin Nelson
How long have you been married? It will be a year on June 20.
How long did you date? We dated 10 months before we got engaged, and we were engaged for 3.
How old is he? 24
Who eats more? Russ, but we eat the same amount of oatmeal in the morning.
Who said "I love you" first? Russ; it was my birthday and the lights on Temple Square turned on that night so we went down there. He had so many opportunities to do it while we were there but he didn't. He ended up dropping the L bomb while we were watching Shrek in my parent's basement.
Who kissed who first? Russ; don't judge me, it was the first date. But we had had a few hang outs and walks prior to the first date.
Who is taller? Russ is taller. He stands at about 5'11'' and I stand at a respectable 5'3''.
Who sings better? Russ is better but I wouldn't say either of us sing.
Whose temper is worse? My temper is worse I think.
Who does the laundry? We both do. Both of our schedules are crazy busy right now so we are pretty good about taking turns. We usually fold it together.
Who does the dishes? Russ. I always take longer to eat than he does so I end up sitting at the table talking to him while he cleans up. It works because I usually am the one who cooks.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I do. I didn't want to sleep next to the window!
Who pays the bills? We both do. Russ pays the CC and the tithing. I pay the house payment and our cell phone bill. All other bills it just depends on the month.
Who mows the lawn? No lawn, no worries.
Who cooks dinner? I cook 75% of the time. Russ is good at surprising me with dinner every once and awhile though.
Who drives when you are together? It's 50/50 but I have major issues when Russ drives. He enjoys the scenery much more than the lanes. I would drive everywhere if Russ would let me.
Who is more stubborn?
Russ is, but we are both such pushovers.
Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? That would also be Russ
Who proposed? Russ did. We just celebrated our one year on March 14th! I heart PI Day!
Who has more friends? Probably Russ. I have had the same friends basically my whole life.
Who has more siblings? I do. Russ is the youngest boy of three girls and I am the youngest girl of two boys and three girls.
Who wears the pants? Neither of us really. If one of us feels strongly about something they win but if neither of us do we just see where the road takes us.
Funny Russ Story: Russ and I have recently been attending Yoga classes together. We really like it because it is something we can do together. Recently we rushed home from work to make it to our 8 o'clock class. I was already sitting on my mat getting ready to start class and Russ was getting his stuff all set up. he took off his hoodie and sat down. I suddenly realized that he never threw on a t-shirt to cover up his underwear. I was so shocked I didn't know what to do. I just sat there stunned quietly saying "no, no, no" under my breath. Once he realized what he had done he threw his hoodie back on. It was so funny! I saw the teacher laughing too. Let's just say Russ did the rest of the yoga class with his hoodie on.
I love ya Russ, you are my favorite husband!

I tag Megan Mitchell, Ashlee McDonald, and Christin Foscarini

15 comments:

Adam said...

You guys are like the TomKat of Utah County.

Becky @ Project Domestication said...

love the yoga story.

Ross said...

Man, nothing like a good review of the Nelson's bio.

I'd have Russ run the 'ol tithing check by you when he makes it out. Dude's been known to hold a little back.

Adam said...

Remember in Liberty Square when Russ wrote a tithing check addressed simply to "The Mormons?" The financial clerk had to give the check back to Russ and ask him to re-do it.

You're funny, Russ.

Unknown said...

"Who wears the pants? Neither of us really. If one of us feels strongly about something they win but if neither of us do we just see where the road takes us."

...

Umm I dunno Katie, I might have to say you're in charge because Russ is just so dang whooped on ya. Example:
That big plant you guys gave us (the one that sat in front of my computer in the living room corner) was all dying and stuff and Trevor, Brett, and I were always telling Russ to get rid of it. But he never did because is was "Russ and Katie's" plant.
But hey I don't blame the old guy. I'd like to have someone to share a plant with. Justin knows what i'm talking about.

Ashlee said...

I know you tagged me so I will send it to you via email.
Ok this guy you married, Russ, has got random situations happening in that ole ticker. Katie you are a brave soul to take this one on for the rest or your life. You do have to remember though the good things that are stable and realistic, I practically raised the kid.

Laci said...

Love the new background katie! How have you been? This is a cute tag :o)

Ashlee said...

Katie, that's hilarious! As I was reading your comment, I instantly had a flashback to 9th grade, in the cheer locker room. Yes, I was horrible at rubbing my lotion in, but my lotion-rubbing in skills have improved, thank-goodness! I actually went to good ole FJH last Wednesday. I haven't been there forever, and it brought back so many good memories! I love all you girls so much! At least we have a way to keep in touch now! Hope all is well!

Ashlee said...

P.S. I love your funny Russ story. Hilarious!

Jake and Ashlee said...

Katie I love your blog it is so cute! How are things?

Christin Foscarini said...

ok, so where did you get your new blog set up? I like it better then mine.

Marce said...

katie!! this is marci...i found your blog through ash mitchell's- and i'm so happy i did! fun to read about you and russ. you both are darling! seems like you are happy and in love...two wonderful things! is it ok if i link up to your blog? you can link to mine (if you want)
ballroomandbiscotti.blogspot.com

all my love!

Chelsey said...

Hey neighbors! We're excited to be apart of the close-knit community that is called Newport Village.

Heather and Trevor said...

You are so Cute! What a cute post! :) Good Job on the Marathon too! Which one are you doing? I'm doing the St. George in October. Let me know before we both die....:( LOL!

Ryan said...

Why was Russ wearing underwear on his upper-body? No wonder he was embarrassed!