
I am going to silence the doubters and naysayers once and for all. I am going to run a marathon! More then two years ago Trevor Winn said that I would never be able to run the 26.2. A few weeks ago the conversation was brought up again after talking about the first annual Bunder Run, and the challenge was extended and I accepted. I will be running the 26.2, and no one can stop me.
This isn't your regular marathon though, here are the stipulations that have been added to make it more interesting and almost impossible.
1. I cannot train.
2. I cannot walk or stop. I must jog the whole time
3. I have 5 hrs. to complete it.
4. I must run it at the Timpanogos Track (105 laps)
5. I cannot take any performance enhancing drugs
I am still looking to change the rules, either get more then 5 hours or have the ability to walk (just because I want to survive).
So basically I am letting my pride take over and running this to prove the world wrong. I can do it, and I will.
Sunday, March 23, 2008
Pride Run
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
You're a dead man, Russ and this is going to be great. Finally your impudence will be punished.
Don't get me wrong, I like you a lot, but it's about time you finally get a dose of reality about this marathon issue.
I predict Russ keels over at lap 76.
Russ, this will probably be the hardest thing you have ever done in your life.
so when is the date?
Russell...........this is your mother. Maybe you should rethink the rules and do a little training. What can I say except Katie I am so sorry.
It's lose-lose, because even if you do make it, you'll be out of action for like the next 3 days. Those hammies will be hurtin' like a stubbed toe.
This is the funniest thing I have ever heard! More power to ya but lets be honest Russ...you will die.
Russ...i think you can do it (probably because i think i could do it). Make sure you do it before it is 100 degrees outside and start at four pm so you can finish in the dark.
Your knees, hips, feet and lower back will hurt about 10 miles in...but they will go numb. (Something to consider: Is Tylenol considered performance enhancing?). DO NOT EAT RIGHT BEFORE YOU RUN.
Final word of advice, imagine you're Forrest Gump.
Why do i know this...I once ran about 12.5 miles with no training. I couldnt walk the next day...but it felt amazing.
PS The Forrest Gump thing really does work.
What the crap are you thinking?
Hey man that is awesome... Good luck! It will be like the time when Izzy did it. Were you there for that? We BBQed while he trudged along the track all day long. I also took him on a few victory laps on the ol' scooter. So let me know and I'll take you on a victory lap. By the way this is your long friend John Holbrook
Russ, we dont want you to die!
Post a Comment