Tuesday, October 12, 2010

California Love

I'm a lucky girl, it's true. I have basically had the same girl friends since 7th grade. Some additions have been made since high school, college, and marriage but I still have these same girl friends. A few of them were able to plan a quick trip and come to visit me when the baby came. Talk about amazing. We all have children. Shelby has 2! We knew it would be chaotic but we took the risk and it was so fun. So Shaylee and Brooklyn, Katie and Tori, Kelli and Brynn and Jenelle and Brynlee came to visit. Please note that that is 5 girls under the age of 1 and 5 adults. It was a mad house! My apt is less than 1,000 sq feet so it was TIGHT! We spent the first afternoon at one of my favorite restaurants across the street, Frescas! It's mexican and it's delicious. After that we just came back to my apartment and loved on the new addition to the group, Lucy. The next day we hung around the apt, went to Panda Express, and chilled in the hot tub childless. Russ so graciously watched the girls while they all slept. It felt like old times again; we just laughed and laughed and laughed some more. The Friday we took a trip out to Newport Beach. It was hilarious! I will always have images in my mind of Shelby becoming a sea turtle and a mermaid. We rushed home that night, got ready and went and had dinner at Downtown Disney. Matching Minnie Mouse hats? Of course! Overall it was so amazing having them here and I really want to make it something we try to do often! Thanks so much for coming girls. You have no idea how much it meant to me.

3 comments:

Annie. said...

Oh my gosh, you guys look hilarious. How fun!

Shaylee said...

I just keep hoping Shelby will be a turtle or a mermaid for Halloween. She's such a natural.

I loved this trip. Thanks again for having us. Maybe next time we'll road trip. We're just crazy like that.

Heather Lee said...

why russ has to wear a speedo at all is my question? I guess he was trying to get back that lusty feeling you felt for him when he filmed his construction worker YouTube video.
How FUN to have your friends come out, and how fun to have such a close couple of friends that everyone felt comfortable in such tight quarters...and how NICE of Russ to watch all of the kids while you guys painted the town red.
How many photo's did you take of Cougar Stadium? I was trying to watch the slideshow, but couldn't seem to get past the 10 yard line.
I need to see you. And meet Lucy. Miss you a million!