As of January 1st we moved from our home in Anaheim to Tustin. It is only about 10 min south on the 55 Freeway and it is a perfect change for us. We went from living on the 6th floor near the party deck to the ground level near a playground. Kids really change your priorities don't they.
2011 is going to be a great year for us. We are saving SIGNIFICANT amounts of $ on rent and we have cut cable out of our lives. I have started running again with a friend and I actually think it may become a habit.... (we will see). I am truly starting to feel the benefits of living in Southern California. We eat lunch outside, and we have already been to the beach twice. I really can say that I like/love living here now.
While there are a couple challenges (one car, no washer/dryer in unit, and Lucy sleeping in the room where we also hang our clothes... wink wink) We couldn't be happier with our decision. Russ can't walk to work anymore so I strap on my walking shoes and I get by with a stroller and some fantastic weather. All the stores I need to go to regularly are within walking distance so we do a lot of that.
I feel so much better in this house. I actually get ready on a regular basis now. We have some new great friends, and I open my blinds!!!!!

(The view from our front door... that leads to the playground)
2011 is going to be a great year for us. We are saving SIGNIFICANT amounts of $ on rent and we have cut cable out of our lives. I have started running again with a friend and I actually think it may become a habit.... (we will see). I am truly starting to feel the benefits of living in Southern California. We eat lunch outside, and we have already been to the beach twice. I really can say that I like/love living here now.
While there are a couple challenges (one car, no washer/dryer in unit, and Lucy sleeping in the room where we also hang our clothes... wink wink) We couldn't be happier with our decision. Russ can't walk to work anymore so I strap on my walking shoes and I get by with a stroller and some fantastic weather. All the stores I need to go to regularly are within walking distance so we do a lot of that.
I feel so much better in this house. I actually get ready on a regular basis now. We have some new great friends, and I open my blinds!!!!!
(The view from our front door... that leads to the playground)


12 comments:
Love love love it! Yeah for living life walking. Glad to hear you guys are happy where you are at. Lucy, love the dark brown eyes in the last pictures. You will have to run from those boys on the playground you little brown eyed girl.
Katie this is GREAT!! You made it sound a little ditchy when I talked to you about it, but it is BEAUTIUL! So nice to have a pool and playground right there...steps away! I am so so so happy to hear you are happy! :)
katie i love! and i can only imagine living in southern cal has its benefits! mainly the beautiful weather year round :) i would kill for that right now in the freezing winter! p.s. i found myself just sitting and watching your slideshow of wedding pics on your sidebar. they are beautiful! especially the bridals on the salt flats! who did your pics?
My fantastic cousins! They are amazing. The link to their blog is on our side bar. They are under family Matt and Angie. You will have to check them out.
LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!! I am so happy you are so happy!! AND I CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU IN A MONTH FROM TODAY!!! (your still gonna meet me right?) anywho... I cant wait to see little Lucy again.. she is looking more like you!!! (I think) I need to snuggle her :) call me soon so we can talk!!!
i love you! i'm glad to hear you guys are in a better place and that you are loving cali. it makes me so happy that you guys are happy!
My older brother served his mission in Anaheim and served in Tustin too :) He said that Tustin was one of his favorite places! I am jealous of your sunny weather excursions outside...it is too cold in Utah!
Wow!! Lucy is sooo beautiful!! And your new place sounds so great!! Glad things are so great for you guys!! I love happy news... :)
Your place looks really cute! That is awesome that you are getting so much exercise! Go Katie!
Well done. Ryan and I were just talking about that.....if you moved or not. Havent been able to talk in a while. Life has been a bit crazy. I never even got to thank you for the outfits over more than a voicemail. Hopefully you got the message from Dayton. Afton wore one of them today. Still love them! I have 25% of tickets to denver on southwest. Know anyone who wants to come? :)
PS When do you get here to Utah?
opening the blinds makes a big difference huh?:) We have wall sized windows in our apartment and I have to remind myself to opend blinds and pull back the curtains. Nothing like a shot of endorphins entering your body through your eyeball.
I miss you. I can only imagine what a dream Lucy is.
I would be willing to put both my kids in the closet to live in temperate weather.
Post a Comment