We had the time of our lives at Lucy's 1st birthday party. We had a pool party here in the complex and all the locals got to come and have pizza and swim in celebration of Lucy. Other than my wedding (Today is our 4 year anniversary!!) this is the first party I have ever really planned. These type of things are pretty difficult for me but I had some key players in the design and set up that made the whole process extremely easy. I'm already scheming as to how I can top next year.
The cliche thing to say is, "I can't believe how fast 1 year went by." But seriously I can't believe it. So much has changed since we looked into those sweet little eyes one year ago. In one year my tiny little baby turned into a toddler that I can't manage to keep still. She loves to crawl and walk everywhere. She loves to give kisses still (which I love) and she loves to eat anything she can get those little hands on. We play a game where I lay on the floor and pretend like I'm sleeping (sometimes I'm really trying to be) and the only way she can wake me up is to give me kisses. She cracks up every time.
I'm so glad we have our little sweetie. Life is so much more fun with her! I catch myself wanting to snatch her out of bed to put her in bed with us, which I know would never work in a million years and I would kick myself the second I woke her up, but I really do miss her when she goes to sleep. Her favorite toys are necklaces, Disney princess figures, buckets to put things in, books, and Easter eggs. Her favorite foods are frozen peas, cheerios, french toast, yogurt bites, quesadillas, corn on the cob, apple cores, and watermelon. We love you Lucy girl!

7 comments:
Happy FIRST beautiful Lucy! I loved the balloon banner. You guys all looked bronzed and beautiful. I bet Russ cld do a refilming of that construction worker video and you'd be impressed. So glad you have some friends to bask in the California sun with. Your baby is beautiful. Miss you!
Oh my.. I cant get over what a good mix she is of both of you guys!! I can totally see you and Russ in her. What a sweetie!! How did a year go by already???? What an adorable party!!! You did such a great job Katie!! Happy Birthday Lucy and Happy Anniversary you 2!! Love ya!!
what a cute party! she is so cute!! you look great too :)
Happy birthday Lucy! She is looking more and more like Russ to me. Loved all the decorations! Looks like it was so much fun. Is your hair lighter or what?!?
Happy birthday lovely little lady!
What a sweetheart! Happy Birthday Lucy! I loved it, especially the balloon banner and the cute photo display. Good job Katie :) Wish we could have been there!
Ok, and we are SO LAME for not calling you on our vacation. Like the lameness tops all lameness this earth has ever seen. Will you forgive me? It was so crazy, especially with two kids!
Ahhh - I want to meet her!
Post a Comment