Monday, December 19, 2011

My parents came to visit

So my parents came out for 10 whole days around Thanksgiving. I was a little concerned about being able to entertain them the whole time considering I have never had them to myself for 10 days in my life! We did everything we could we went to the beach, LA, the DMV twice!! It was a fun filled trip.
My Dads main goal was to help us find a cheap commuter car for Russ to drive back and forth to Compton in. I'm happy to announce that after two years of being a 1 car family we are now a 2 car family. We bought a '91 Toyota Corolla and couldn't be happier with our purchase.
My parents also really wanted to find the pawn shops from storage wars so we did that too. Pretty much they were an expensive D.I. I will take you if you desire to go there also.
Since Thanksgiving fell on my birthday this year we decided to order in dinner again. Next year I might consider cooking.... (or maybe we will just go home).
It was so cool just hanging out with my parents. Who would of thought? :)

3 comments:

Laci said...

Congrats on the new car!! How exciting for you guys. And Lucy is just a doll. I wanna meet her so bad!! She is such a good mix of you and Russ.. seriously, I can look at her and say "oh she is ALL Katie" and 2 seconds later say the same thing but about Russ :) Sounds like a fun Thanksgiving. We will have to meet up one of these days since we are only a few hours north of you!!! Love ya Katie!

Shaylee said...

The picture of your dad and Lucy is to die for. So dang cute.

Ami said...

It's always fun to have family come visit. Glad they were able to make it out.