So my wife loves to watch So You Think You Can Dance, and I don't, but I "watch" it with her to be a good supportive husband. So while I'm "watching" I like to hack on the WWW and find some of the amazing things that have been built. Check out this stuff, it's amazing!
Ocean Dome - Imagine not going to the beach and not having to worry about the weather, wind, or salty ocean. Well for $50 you can get into the Ocean Dome and never have to worry. Not to mention that every hour a volcano erupts with real molten lava. Check out these pictures, and make sure you check out the largest retractable roof in the world. What kills me is that it's right next to the ocean.
San Alfonso del Mar - I love to go to the pool; I used to go during my lunch break. I can't even imagine swimming in 250,000 cubic meters of water, 1,013 meters in length, equivalent to 6,000 swimming pools, 35 meters deep in some locations, and always warm. This pool is amazing, and they once again built it right next to the ocean? but they did it cause the ocean water in this part of Chili is cold. You wanna see more? Here you go pictures movie
Dubai Water Fountain - So here is one to keep your eye on, Emaar Properties is planning on building the largest water fountain in the world. Why not? they are building the largest of everything else. Really this fountain isn't a big deal it will only shoot water into the air 450 feet, and stretch over two football fields, and will have 6,600 lights and 50 projectors. I think it is a little excessive, but hey it'll be cool to see one day. I guess I'll need to start saving my Dirham. Anyway check out some pictures.
BTW I'm glad that Thayne is gone.
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Need to Get Wet?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
This is a sweet post, Russ. I remember when we used to send each other all the whacky crap we found on the internets from Dubai. Dubai's got it goin' on, my friend.
Any chance of those fat cats building one of those beach dome things in Provo any time soon?
That place looks amazing. Seeing those waves makes me want to grab a boogie board and hit em' up. Dubai 2015 trip anyone?
Russ, don't act like you're not really watching SYTYCD. I know you've hopped on the bandwagon and are rooting for Twitchington. I'm a Gev man myself. Did you see that solo last week? Holy cow.
Russ, don't be gay like Trevor. Please.
How much of that did you copy and paste, Russ?
Why didn't you include a picture of the Layton Surf N' Swim? I've driven by it a few times--just didn't have my trunks.
Post a Comment