Aren't mom's the best? Not only did she miss school to come and make a visit but she spent 3 of her 7 days helping me just organize my house to make more room for the baby. We have such little space now and it made the biggest difference!
As many of you know my mom is really into rock hunting. I must admit sometimes the hobby drives me nuts but I embraced it this week. We went to 4 different beaches so she could metal detect, and a Tourmaline mine to dig for precious gems. Believe it or not Russ and I actually had a good time searching for stones at the mine.
Russ learning the tricks of the trade
It really was just so good to have her here and I am missing her a lot since she left yesterday. It hasn't felt like I live very far away until I had to say goodbye to her and send her on a plane home. I'm getting used to the whole move to California idea but at times it is difficult.
Russ took advantage of the beach time and spent most of the day in the water.
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Mom came to visit
Posted by Katie at 10:31 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I NEED to be in CA right now. Sick Dayton. Cabin fever. Snow. Need I say more.
Russ was in the water with his shirt off? I would have really liked to have seen a close-up...
Your Mom is the best. Glad you had such a fun time with her. Russell and the beach, what a combo
Miss you,
Susanne
WoW. You are lucky. We have ask her to come out her during school and she hasn't been able to make it. The kids loved learning about her metal detector.
Congrats on your baby girl, they are so fun. You look so cute with your small belly!
It is hard to be away from your mom especially with a new baby on the way. We finally get to move back to Utah in May and I'm so ready. I hope everything goes well for you guys!
Post a Comment