Wednesday, March 3, 2010

If I may...

I cried for about an hour reading this book today.



This book really got to me this morning. Usually when I can't sleep after Russ leaves for work I watch a few infomercials which always make me want to buy what they are selling. I keep wondering when I will take the plunge and order something from TV. If I ever do you will hear about it. Now back to the book...

I decided to finish my book this morning. The writer is a professor who has been diagnosed with a terminal cancer and has been asked to give his final lecture at his university. He has three young children and a wife who he will be leaving behind.

I don't want you to think the book is all about loss because it's not. It really is about living. I have been thinking about the way I spend my days and really want to take advantage of the time I have and not sit around as much as I have been. It's hard because I have been sick with the pregnancy but I still can make more effort than I have been.

It's just a great book to give you some perspective and really evaluate what you do with your time.

Thanks for listening.

6 comments:

Ami said...

I've heard this is a great book. Maybe it will be the next book I read.

John said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji5_MqicxSo

Hey Katie... I really enjoyed it too. The link above takes you to the youtube video of his last lecture, just in case you haven't watched it. I watched it after I finished the book and loved it. It is over an hour long just so you know, but it's fun see his mannerisms and hear his voice.

I hope all is well in Cali!

Mary Ann (Crockett) Ahlstrom said...

My brother just asked me if I wanted to borrow his copy. Random but I'm excited to read it. Been thinking a lot about you lately. Give me a call when you have a minuto.....

MIMI n' LINCOLN RULE!! said...

I could totally use a book that will inspire me while I am too struggling being sick from being pregnant :) thanks!

Whitney said...

Hi Katie, I hope you don't think this is weird but I saw your blog from Danee Lowrys blog and thought I would see how you and your husband were doing. I notcied you guys live in California, my husband and I do too! We live in Torrance which is up in LA. Congragulations on your pregnancy that is so exciting. It was good to see your blog and catch up a little in that way.

Amberlin Gefrom said...

good stuff! I have known Russ since elementary days. Anyways I live in San Diego, I don't mean for this to sound weird but if you ever need anything..I would love to meet you and see Russ again. California is a fun place to live but I totally miss my peeps from Utah!