Friday, April 16, 2010
Sweet Grandma Jacque
We were able to fly home again to Utah recently for Russ's Grandma's Funeral. Anyone who knew Grandma Jacque knew that she was the sweetest person on the planet. At this point she was unable to open her eyelids and was confined to her bedroom and could not move herself around. While I was visiting with her before she passed away I had some great conversations including:
Me: Are you going to get a sneak preview of the baby?
Grandma: I think so, she is so precious.
Me: Lucky dog. Tell her hi for Russ and I.
Grandma: I will. She is so lucky to have you two (TBD)
Russ's mom, Susanne: We are going to go shopping we will be right back. We are going to go get a few more things for the baby. Remember how you were so good at taking care of us? I learned it from the best.
Grandma: OH HOW EXCITING!!! Make sure to get something really, really cute! Do you have money?
Susanne: Yes we have money.
Grandma: Good because I want you to get something really really cute.
Grandma: KATIE? (from the other room)
Me: What up Grandma? (once I got into the room)
Grandma: What's up?
Me: (laughing) nothing much. I just came to say hi.
Grandma: I want you and Russ to know how much I love you two.
Me: We love you too Grandma.
Grandma: I just love you two.
Me: Well thanks. We are lucky to have you as a Grandma.
Grandma: I just love you two.
She really touched ours lives and we will miss her desperately!
Posted by Katie at 1:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
What precious memories you guys made those last few days with her.
This is so sweet. Really, really sweet. It made me want to cry!
Post a Comment