Thursday, June 17, 2010

Your face looks fatter today than the last time I saw you...

The final thing the Dr. said to me before I found out I was having the baby later that day. I know you are all wondering why the emergency delivery so to avoid telling the story numerous times over the phone, I'm going to explain here. I went in for my appointment and my doctor told me I had a bad case of preeclampsia. That was the main reason for the rushed delivery but it also had to do with the fact that the baby was transverse and hadn't even dropped yet. For those boys who read our blog and want to know what all this means, ask your wife... or your mom. So they moved me to the front of the line that same day and I was being prepped for surgery only 3 hours later. It really scared me being moved to the front of the list. It made it seem like it was such a big deal. Who knows. We are just happy that she is happy, healthy, and HERE!

Thank-you everyone for your texts, voice mails, and emails about our sweet little babe. We are loving having a baby. Honestly I'm just so happy to not be pregnant anymore the baby is a bonus :)

As far as the last two weeks go I have been doing awesome. I honestly feel so much better than when I was pregnant there is no way I could have baby blues. The spitting is GONE, no more throwing up or nausea. I am sleeping more now than I did when I was pregnant. It is so so great.

I couldn't have asked for a better baby. She sleeps great. Cries only when she is getting a little hungry and will just sit and chill when she is not asleep. We hang out all day long and I love it. Her eyes are already turning brown, surprise surprise. I really had no idea it would be so fun to have a baby. I can honestly say all 9 months of the craziness was so worth it. I'll have to remember I said that if I ever consider having another one.



Ya gotta love her...

9 comments:

Becky @ Project Domestication said...

Oh my goodness. She is a doll! Congrats again, so happy you are feeling better. Yay!

Elizabeth said...

She is so cute and glad she is behaving so well for you;) But what is the babe's name????

Laci said...

NAME!!!! I'm DYING here!!!!! GAAAAHHH!!! :D

And oh my goodness Katie!! Your experience sounds SO familiar.. we seriously need to swap stories. Elle was the same way.. hadn't dropped, emergency c-section yada yada yada. I am SO happy you are feeling so well!! Oh... I miss that little newborn stage!! Soak up every minute of it! Which I'm sure you are :o) I love you!!!

Laci said...

OH!! I just saw!!! LUCY!!!! AAAGH!!! SO FREAKING CUTE!!! Did you secretly kinda sorta name her after her auntie Laci, but changed the "a" to a "u" and the "i" to a "y"?? ;) What a darling name! It totally fits her too:D:D:D

Russ Nelson said...

You better start considering having another one cause we still have to pass on the Nelson name and field a baseball team.

You forgot to mention how great of a mother you are! Love ya!

Jordan and Candice said...

She is absolutely beautiful. Congratulations!

Christin Foscarini said...

She is so cute Katie! I remember how good it feels to finally not be sick...amazing!! You are right, at least when you have a hard pregnancy you don't get baby blues because you are so happy to not be pregnant!

Mary Ann (Crockett) Ahlstrom said...

That is one cute baby. Goodness you guys do good work! So when do we get to see the Monkey dress pictures?

Sophie Weber said...

YAY!! good to hear! she is soo adorable!