Sunday, July 25, 2010

Jorgensen Family Visit

My family came to visit at the end of June. My sister ended up having her baby only 3 weeks later so it was good that they came when they did. I loved every minute of the time they spent with us.

My mom came out the day we had the baby with two hard-working hands to help out. Oh she was so much help. She cooked, cleaned, helped me figure out feeding, woke up with the baby and brought her to me, it was AMAZING! She really helped so much, I can't thank her enough. It is kinda nice living out of state when you have a baby because people are there to help 24/7, not just when they are stopping by to say hi. I really think the transition into motherhood would have been much more difficult without her by my side. She is the best!





After a few weeks my dad, Annie (with 7 weeks to go with her pregnancy), and McKenzie came to visit. I get so emotional just thinking about it because I appreciated them coming so much. We spent a lot of our time just hanging out at the pool and loving on Lucy. We did have the chance to spent Saturday at Huntington Beach for an amazingly beautiful day. We met up with tons of cousins from Mesa and hand an impromptu family reunion. Our little cowgirl McKenzie turned into a definite beach bum. I have a feeling I'm gonna be the spring break aunt in the future, (which I would love). Best moment of the day was my dad falling asleep in the sand face down, fully clothed in jeans and socks and no towel or blanket to speak of. We all looked over and got a little nervous thinking he had passed out on the beach but no, he was just taking a snooze :) It was so funny and completely a random thing to do. I wish I had gotten a photo, it would have been priceless.







That sunday we went to Jenna and Damon's to celebrate Jen's birthday where we met up with even more family from Mesa. It was so great seeing everyone and it was so crazy that it happened in California of all places. My cousins just moved her a couple months ago so nobody thought we would have family so close to hang out with, it is such a blessing.

Overall I loved spending time with my family and I miss them everyday. I can't wait till we can bring Lucy to Utah to meet the rest of the family, she is gonna love it. So although their visit was a short weekend trip it still felt good. I cried in my IN - N- Out all the way home from the airport (I ate my feelings that day :)...)

5 comments:

Jenna said...

You are so funny crying in your In n out!! Yes its so awesome Cali is the new place to meet! Who ever who have told me we'd all meet up this way I wouldn't have believed it!! IT's so fun. Lucy is too cute, I dont care what Damon says!!

Christin Foscarini said...

More pics of lucy pleease :) sorry to say it, but i come to ur blog for her now :) jk...kinda

Darwin + Kiara said...

Katie, she is seriously so adorable. I am really so happy for you!! You make such a cute mom! :)

Mary Ann (Crockett) Ahlstrom said...

Do you know that it's October tomorrow? Just checking - since it's been um.....since JULY since you updated. But who's checking. Oh, me. No pressure. Dayton and I are anxious to see pictures of baby Yucy and Russ and Katie.

Christin Foscarini said...

ok now im mad!! update update update...I must see lucy! :)