Monday, January 18, 2010

Single Speed


After a lot of looking on Craigslist I finally went out to purchase a bike. It seems like a good investment since we live close to my work and we only have one car, besides I could use a little exercise. I had determined that I would purchase a Giant Hybrid, but when I saw it and rode it I just wasn't feeling it. I asked the seller if he had anything else I could try and he pulled out a single speed that caught my eye. I ended up purchasing a Specialized mountain bike that had been altered into a road bike by changing to a bullhorn handlebars, putting on road tires, taking off all the gears, and putting on new brakes. I like it because it is really light, comfortable to ride (the shocks in the front help), and cool look. I hope it works out well!
Although it is red I am still an avid BYU fan. GO COUGS!

2 comments:

MIMI n' LINCOLN RULE!! said...

mountain bike turned into a road bike. i'm impressed plus its got the looks for sure. hope the single speed works out in the streets of cali.

Rachael said...

Looks great. I miss Katie ;)